Everyone knowsÂ that college costs are soaring, especially those of us who are students! Every year tuition and other related expenses increase and some colleges already have tuition exceeding $160,000. Despite this trend, American families are still sending their children to college in record numbers.
Most familiesÂ offset the high cost of college by applying for some type of financial aid by submitting their Free Application For Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) .Â Unfortunately, many people lose out on financial aid simply because they fail to apply. Some incorrectly believe they will not qualify, while others are intimidated by the application process itself. To help students (and parents) better understand the financial aid process, the Federal Student Aid website has created a full-color Financial Aid e-Book which outlines the many federalÂ aid programs available and the steps necessary to apply.
Important notes :
- Submit your FAFSA as close to JanuaryÂ 1st as possible.Â Financial aid is awarded on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Ensure that the information you include in your FAFSA is accurate.Â Any corrections you have to make may delay your financial aid package. Such delays could cause a reduction in the amount of aid available.
For more financial aid information, visit my How to Apply for Financial Aid post. For scholarship information, perform a free scholarship search.
Top Online College Degree Programs
Walden University - Bachelor's, Master's, & Doctorate Degrees.
Walden University is dedicated in ensuring students receive the education they need to advance in their careers. Their programs are convenient and effective, providing working students with the flexibility they need.
- Capella University is an accredited college that offers online Bachelor's, master's, Doctoral, and Certificate programs designed to take you to the forefront of your profession. Our competency-based curriculum delivers both foundational knowledge and real-world skills, so that what you're learning in your courses is immediately applicable to your career goals.
- Associate's, Bachelor's, & Master's Degrees.
Considered a top online college, Kaplan University offers students affordable and convenient online classes. Kaplan University is an accredited university that provides students the education to become successful professionals upon graduation.
American InterContinental University
- Associate's , Bachelor's & Master's Degrees.
With campuses located around the world, American InterContinental University has been educating students for over 35 years. AIU offers flexible and interactive programs that assist the students in graduating at their own pace.
Colorado Technical University - Associate's, Bachelor's, & Master's Degrees.
By designing their programs to meet the changing needs of today's world, Colorado Technical University prepares students for a career in the most competitive industries. Additionally, they offer accelerated and flexible programs to allow students to enter the professional world sooner than traditional programs.
Liberty University - Associate's, Bachelor's & Master's Degrees.
Pioneering distance education since 1985, Liberty University now enrolls more than 90,000 students from around the world in its thriving online program. With more than 230 fully accredited programs of study, Liberty University Online offers degrees from the certificate to the postgraduate level.
Post University - Associate's, Bachelor's & Master's Degrees.
Post University is a premiere destination for students in obtaining their college degree online. Post University offers a dynamic curriculum to every student and are taught by the very best professors in their field of study.