- University of Pennsylvania is located near the Center of Philadelphia in the neighborhood known as “University City”
- Ranks among the Top 10 universities in US News & World Report
- About 10,000 undergrad students: 10,000 more in graduate and professional schools
- The Wharton School of Business is part of UPENN, noted as one of the top three business schools in the country
For anyone who has ever lived in Philadelphia, the University City district is well known. With several colleges and universities all within walking distance, a large portion of the city’s population is made up of students. Philadelphia has a great deal to offer a young, aspiring scholar, and the University of Pennsylvania is no exception. Its beautifully landscaped grounds, historic buildings, and extraordinary education is known far and wide. Plus, being in such a historical city, with the Liberty Bell and Independence Hall right down the street (not to mention the cheesesteaks), this city has it all. UPENN Online Don’t live near Philadelphia? Yearn to attend but can’t relocate? Or better yet, you live in the general area and rely on public transportation to get to class on time (for those of you who live or work in the outlying counties, you know what I’m talking about). If you need to expand your knowledge and want to do it in an Ivy League School, now you can. UPENN Online is offering several programs. They include the following:
- Penn Advance – Penn Advance is offering two courses online for Fall 2008: Academic Writing and Research Design in the Arts and Sciences, and Forensic Anthropology. Both require live lecture attendance two nights/week.
- Online Continuing Dental Education – Offered through the School of Dental Medicine for dental hygienists and dentists. Discounts on tuition may be available.
- Online Continuing Medical Education – Offering a variety of online CME Courses on various topics
- Online Continuing Nursing Education – The School of Nursing’s Center for Professional Development offers online courses on medical topics
- English Language Programs Online Courses – Designed to teach and improve proper English written communication skills.
Although as of the date of this blog entry, this list of online programs is limited, UPENN Online is still in the trial phase of adding online courses to their curriculum. However, any course that is offered currently is guaranteed to inform and educate at the same level of all Penn University Courses! For more information on distance learning through the
, visit their website at upenn.edu. Related posts:
- University of Notre Dame Online Review
- Cornell University offers 19 online programs
- Harvard University now offers online classes
- Columbia University now offers over 30 online degrees
- Dartmouth College Online Program
- Ivy League Universities offer online degrees and certificates
Source: University of Pennsylvania website, 2008.
Top Online College Degree Programs